SPAIN PARK HIGH SCHOOL HEALTH COURSE SYLLABUS
Course Title: Health Education
Instructor: C.J. Hawkins : email@example.com
Instructor: Jordan Burson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department: Health / Physical Education / Driver’s Education
Course Goal: For students to develop the skills they need to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Textbook: Lifetime Health
Materials Needed: Pen/Pencil/i-Pad or Chrome Book/markers/ Binder with loose-leaf paper/ Kleenex
Grading Procedure: Written Test
Content Scope & Sequence:
· Physical Fitness for Life (CH.6)
· Nutrition for Life (CH.7)
· Weight Management and Eating Behaviors (CH.8)
· Self Esteem/Mental Health (CH.3)
- Managing Stress/Coping with Loss (CH. 4)
· Reproduction, Pregnancy, and Development (CH.18)
· HIV and AIDS (CH.21)
· Risks of Adolescent Sexual Activity (CH.20)
· Body Systems – How Your Body Works (EXPRESS LESSON P.516) (CH. 20)
· Managing Stress/Coping with Loss (CH. 4)
· Understanding Drugs and Medicines (CH.9)
· Illegal Drugs (CH.12)
· Tobacco/Alcohol (CH.10-11)
- Preventing Violence and Abuse (CH. 5)
· Building Responsible Relationships (CH.19)
· Understanding Lifestyle Diseases (CH.14)
· First Aid and CPR (EXP LESSON P. 576)(American Heart Assoc.)
· Preventing Infectious Diseases (CH. 13)
· Follow all school rules as outlined in student handbook.
· Dress code will be strictly enforced.
· Come to class with proper materials, be organized and responsible!
· Take notes and participate in class discussions.
· Students will be allowed to leave the room in emergency situations only.
· If you are absent on test day confer with the teacher for make-up test date.
· Students that are struggling in the class are urged to talk to the teacher.
· Notify teacher if an upcoming unit contains sensitive material that may upset you.